Does the Bored Ape Yacht Club Plan to Sell Virtual Land and Launch APECoin Token?
The Block news outlet recently reported that the famous Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) is planning virtual land sales along with the launch of APECoin token for purchases in the BAYC’s metaverse gaming project.
The news became viral when The Block said they obtained a pitch deck from Yuga Labs, the team behind BAYC. According to a paper, the creators projected revenue of $455 million for metaverse and virtual land sales.
“In total, 200,000 plots will be distributed across two sales in March and August this year — and Yuga hopes to raise $178 million (in addition to secondary sale proceeds) from each sale,”
The Block shared about BAYC’s plans.
The unconfirmed outlay of the 2022 plans include the following:
- January: BAYC vs. MAYC Game
- March: APE Token and Metaverse 1–100k Land Sale (Projected $180m revenue)
- March: Merch Drop
- May: Airdropping of Kodas (Mintable NFTs) ($2.3m revenue)
- May: Trezor Hunt
- June: APE Fest (+ Merch)
- August: The trial of Jimmy the Monkey
- August: Metaverse 101k-200k Land Sale ($190m)
- September: BAYC >> MechaDog ($20m revenue)
- September: Ultimate Mecha Ape ($50m revenue)
- October: Mecha Dog vs. Mecha Monkey Invasion (P2e Blockchain Game)
- December: Merch Drop
However, the co-founder of BAYC said the pitch is ‘fake news.’
From @CryptoGarga himself.
Don’t believe everything you see.
(@hotlneblng_) March 15, 2022
Join to get the flipside of crypto
Upgrade your inbox and get our DailyCoin editors’ picks 1x a week delivered straight to your inbox.